As a benefit to ALA South Florida Chapter members, we invite you to attend this webinar at the Greenberg Traurig in Miami There is NO fee for South Florida Chapter members. Please register on the website for any webinar you wish to attend.
This is not an easy time to be working in the public sector. Heated budget battles and rhetoric about the size, function, scope, and effectiveness of government have generated criticism not just of government but also of the public servants who deliver government services. One proven response to maintaining government effectiveness in this difficult environment is to improve the level of employee engagement. Research has clearly and convincingly shown that improving employee engagement will drive higher levels of organizational performance, reduce turnover and yield other important workforce benefits. This webinar will focus on empirically-proven approaches to improve employee engagement in government jurisdictions and agencies.
- Identify what employee engagement is and why it matters - particularly in government
- Determine why measuring engagement is important, how to measure it, and how to act on the results
- Examine the key drivers of employee engagement and the role of HR in improving employee engagement
- Evaluate what public sector organizations have done to improve - and sustain - high levels of engagement
- Analyze how to get started on the road to improved employee engagement
CLM Recertification Credit: 1 hour in the subject area of Human Resources Management (HR)
CLM App Credit for Functional Specialists: 1 hour in the subject area of Human Resources Management (HR) towards the additional hours required of some Functional Specialists to fulfill the CLM application.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
The Association of Legal Administrators is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program has been approved for 1 PDC.
How to request an HRCI and/or SHRM certificate:
- If viewing webinar with your own personal subscription, please send a copy of the certificate of attendance from Peach New Media toProfDev@alanet.org and the program ID certificate will be emailed to you. Please specify if you need HRCI, SHRM or both. OR
If viewing webinar as part of a group, please request credit in writing and have group leader email a copy attendance sign in/out sheet toProfDev@alanet.org and the program ID certificate will be emailed to each individual in the group who requests it. Please specify if you need HRCI, SHRM or both.
Bob Lavigna, Assistant Vice Chancellor and Director of Human Resources at the University of Wisconsin, has more than 30 years of experience leading public sector HR organizations and programs. He is an elected Fellow of the National Academy of Public Administration. His individual awards and honors also include “Public Official of the Year” by Governing magazine, the IPMA-HR “Stockberger” and “Honorary Life Membership” awards, and the “Rooney Leadership Award” from NASPE. He was also the first HR official to be awarded a “Henry Toll Fellowship” from the Council of State Governments. Lavigna is also the author of Engaging Government Employees: Motivate and Inspire Your People to Achieve Superior Performance.